January 9, 2013

Nancy Brilli gets a bit unnerved in Demons 2 (1986)

When I'm watching a film about bloodthirsty demons running amok and scratching people to death the last thing I want to see is a calm spot where the movie slows down, the music disappears and everyone is just hanging around. It's inevitable however. No matter the insane blitz of violence and rockin' tunes, there's always a quiet spot to let you catch your breath, set up some "atmosphere" and add to the "tension".


Luckily in Demons 2, we get a nice little scene with Nancy Brilli as Hannah where she's waiting for her husband to come back. But instead of him showing up and everything being fine, strange noises and a creepy child's voice get her a bit paranoid instead. We're treated to a few close-up shots of the beauty, and even get to see another character stare directly into the camera again. I think the breaking of the 4th wall count is about at six now, maybe seven.


 Here's lookin' at you babe!

No comments:

My words are my own and as of posted from their creation forward I hereby claim originality to them. Pictures may prove to be promotional items and are the sole possessions of their respectful owners and/or companies. I do not sell, nor do I buy. I only rent, so therefore, nothing I own is truly mine.