November 22, 2010

Macabre Dreams 1

Sliced. (1998) Pencil and Blood on Paper. Back in '96 and onward I got caught up in this serious Argento, Fulci and Italian Giallo addiction. Watching films like Blood and Black Lace, Tenebrae, The New York Ripper and Photos of Gioia really warped my shit up. I was just a stoned youngster with a lot of time on my hands and decided what the hell to just draw a series of gialli inspired works. Never really got around to showing too many people... on the account that they would probably think of me a psychotic lunatic or something to that nature. Which I'm not...



More to come soon.

2 comments:

J. Astro said...

Love it. You've got your blood spatters down pat. The chick has braces... did you have someone specific in mind when you drew this, or did braces just seem like a good idea? :)

DrunkethWizerd said...

Without getting too into it, yeah, occasionally I have had someone in mind and a lot of times put personal traits or styles into the pictures. Even if it's not really them, or well, if it is too. But that only happened once or twice.

Also, I dig braces and glasses. ;)

My words are my own and as of posted from their creation forward I hereby claim originality to them. Pictures may prove to be promotional items and are the sole possessions of their respectful owners and/or companies. I do not sell, nor do I buy. I only rent, so therefore, nothing I own is truly mine.