May 6, 2012

Filling up the fridge...


I've been drinking some relatively cheap-ass beer lately, but I have been (once again) slowly stockpiling a small arsenal of liquid blackout fuel in my refrigerator. Picked up another six pack of Bigfoot (as I just couldn't help myself when I saw that last six pack there on the shelf - Went there for the last four pack of Rasputin but it was gone! Not making that mistake again). I'll be saving two bottles of that and as well as a few cans from the second box of Monk's Blood. Oh, and there's the three bottles of DFH that I stashed away too. These big bottles however, SOON! I've been eying a few other bottles as well, and have been considering doing some mixing in the near future. I don't know if this is considered a Haul since it's not bought all in one day, but I still like to stock up for whenever that day comes where I'm in the mood for something unique.


I was waiting for this Sam Adams and had the Berkshire on my list, as well as the Imperial Russian Stout. The Heavy Seas arrived out of nowhere one day when I walked over to a newly opened case and saw one of the bottles missing. Grabbed one right then and there. The real surprise of my week though would be a new brew from the Cambridge Brewing Company called Weekapaug Gruit. "A modern take on a medieval, unhopped herbal beer. Our contemporary interpretation of gruit is brewed with malted barley, wheat, and oats, and fermented with our Belgian yeast. It also incorporates the traditional brewing herbs sweet gale, yarrow, and wild rosemary, along with Labrador tea, licorice root and nettles, all organic and wildcrafted." Sounds fuckin' interesting to say the least!

No comments:

My words are my own and as of posted from their creation forward I hereby claim originality to them. Pictures may prove to be promotional items and are the sole possessions of their respectful owners and/or companies. I do not sell, nor do I buy. I only rent, so therefore, nothing I own is truly mine.