April 8, 2012

Clown Shoes Lubrication

Clown Shoes Lubricaition - American Black Ale (2011)
Year Round Brew.
22 fl. oz. / $5.79 USD / 6% ABV

About: "Lube? Hey, get your mind out of the gutter. Social lubrication, people coming together to unwind, is what we are talking about.  This American Black Ale has a dark body, medium bitterness, balanced with West Coast hops and sweet orange peel."

Thoughts: Poured a dark, dark brown out of the bottle that settled into a fairly dense shade of black, with a lighter than expected creamy tan head.

First scent was a blast of hops and citrus. Nice. As I lean in for a while I get a bit of roasted malts lowly hovering in the background.

Taste is of piney hops for the most part... and prunes? There's a mega bitter, stale coffee at the end and I'm not really feelin' it.

Mouth is seemingly lighter than water. It's pretty fizzy and easily swished around in the mouth.

After warming the flavors all start to blend together a little bit more and there's more of a relaxed feel to it, but I wouldn't consider myself a fan of this particular brew. It's definitely missing something. Perhaps strength or a bit more in the flavor department. The grassy piney hops and that bitterness just take over the whole brew and that's what it is.

No comments:

My words are my own and as of posted from their creation forward I hereby claim originality to them. Pictures may prove to be promotional items and are the sole possessions of their respectful owners and/or companies. I do not sell, nor do I buy. I only rent, so therefore, nothing I own is truly mine.