October 15, 2011

Cisco Brewers Pumple Drumkin Spiced Ale

Cisco Brewers Pumple Drumkin Spiced Ale (2011)
Brewed and Bottled by Cisco Brewers in Nantucket, MA and under special agreement Ipswich, MA. USA.
Autumn Seasonal (Yearly Release)
12  fl. oz /  $2.29 USD / 6.0% ABV

About: "On Nantucket a Pumple named Drumkin, brewed up some great ale with his pumpkins. One and all came to savor the delicious flavor, then wobbled around quite like bumpkins. At Cisco they thought, "The is De-Lish! Let’s make some more because we wish, to please all the tourists, and locals and purists, with the best ale that we can accomplish!"

Thoughts: When I saw this little guy on the shelf my black heart melted slimy goo.

Poured a dark amber, almost red color with a dim off-white head that dissipated almost immediately.
 
Smells like brown sugar and pumpkin. A very good start. On the second whiff I got caramel toffee and coffee grounds. This brew smells sweet, but not strong.

It's a tad bitter. A solid and smooth tasting ale with fleshy pumpkin and a burnt coffee tinge to it. There's no cinnamon whatsoever, and it's not really sweet at all. It's mildly spicy and tastes of bread, yet a bit uneventful. There's nothing complex here, but it does taste pretty decent. Still, it tastes of earth and that is something to commend.

Thick and bubbly. It's got a little shock to it every time it hits your tongue. Goes down a little smoother about halfway through.
 
Leaves a slightly chalky, burnt, smokey aftertaste. It didn't blow me away, but it's not bad at all like some of the others I've tried. I'm a real fan of this earthy tone, and I do like mild, but this one may have been a little bit too mild. Nothing was overdone or severely underdone, but it seems as if something was missing.

1 comment:

Anthony1138 said...

That little guy is probably the best pumpkin beer character ever. I just want to hug him and pat his lumpy pumpkin head. I've never had the beer, but I love the label.

My words are my own and as of posted from their creation forward I hereby claim originality to them. Pictures may prove to be promotional items and are the sole possessions of their respectful owners and/or companies. I do not sell, nor do I buy. I only rent, so therefore, nothing I own is truly mine.